Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Girly-Man.

There are always a few things that you wonder if you should really write about on your blog, either for reasons of confidentiality, job security, etc., etc. Of course, one of these reasons is always embarrassment.

One of my friends, GB, recently bought Karaoke Revolution for the XBox. I have witnessed and even "played" this a couple of times. I'm money on four songs, in the order I have sung them: Whitesnake, "Here I Go," The Rolling Stones, "Start Me Up," BTO, "Takin' Care of Business" (with TD), and, Edwin McCain, "I'll Be." I'm not sure how that last one slipped in there, but BW and I rocked it. Ventures I have tried that didn't really work out: Michael Jackson, "Billie Jean," Queen, "You're My Best Friend," The Temptations, "Ain't Too Proud to Beg." I did fairly well on Rick Springfield, "Jessie's Girl," if I remember right.

Did I mention that BW and I are also forming a barbershop quartet with a couple of other guys (KP and JB)? I'll keep you posted.

I've almost finished my class syllabus for next term. Why do the Giants suck so bad against a Carolina team that really isn't very good? The only thing that's going to save this is if Bill Parcells comes back and coaches them for the next quarter and a half.

And, since there is significant overlap with T's blog, I have also seen _Broken Flowers_. I seem to remember Lisa saying she thought it was slow and boring. I could see that. I sort of enjoyed it, but in the end I think it's a pretty slight movie. So, I'll not argue over this one. Bill Murray is always good, though.

And, since Dan is playing World of Warcraft, and there is a 10 day guest pass that comes with it, I am also playing WoW for the next 9 days, including tonight. It's pretty good.

I just realized that my TV goes out when my neighbor upstairs vacuums. Weird.

No comments: