Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Monday, May 08, 2006

I just cut my hair in record time!

I had this dream last night where I was trying to get from a town called Dayn, Arizona to somewhere in the Midwest. At times I had a car; at times I didn't. I seemed to have a series of offices across the country. One of them was in Arizona or New Mexico and appeared to be in a glass factory. Amazingly, the radio in this office picked up the local ESPN station here (maybe I was thinking about my alarm going off). But this office had many doors, and had the layout and furniture of an office you would see in Glengarry Glen Ross or a dentist office from the 50's or something. There was also a big gymnasium that had apparently been the site of a worker's rally. There was graffiti by Norman Mailer saying how he supported the strike and had a date near it, but I can't remember what it was now. But I soon left my office here, after changing my shoes for some reason, and headed out on foot. I then became trapped in a series of theme restaurants. I'm not sure how, but I just kept going from one restaurant to another; they were all connected in some way, and each of them had waiters and waitresses in some sort of ethnic and or circus gear. Needless to say, each establishment had the requisite stuffed elephants in the waiting area, or boots of beer, or people in top hats or swiss miss outfits. I then ran into someone who was in my high school class, and his father. I talked to them for awhile, and then I woke up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, how long have you been tapped into Tom Schaub's brain?

Taryn said...

"Ethnic or circus gear"?

There's just too much to say about that. And as awesome as this dream is, I have to say that the title to this post is one of my all-time favorites.