Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Saturday, November 24, 2007

The Lost Art of Watching Concert Videos

As K. and I were at the hotel for Thanksgiving, I was watching a broadcast of the original Live Aid and, after debating the merits of Live Aid, she questioned the entertainment value of rewatching concert footage. Now, when I was a kid in high school, and even in college, one of our most beloved hobbies included going out, getting beer and food, and coming back to someone's apartment and watching concert videos while drinking all the beer. If you haven't tried it, you should. It's awesome. If you're looking for concerts to watch, this is what I'd recommend:

The Last Waltz
Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band: Live in New York
The Talking Head's Stop Making Sense

For nostalgia kicks, peruse:
Metallica's Cliff 'em All! (This is the one I've probably seen the most.)
Metallica'sA Year and a Half in the Life of . . .
Metallica's Live Shit: Binge and Purge

Also include any of the DVDs of Motley Crue concert footage, as well as Ozzy Osbourne.

The drinking is essential.

No comments: