Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Friday, September 18, 2009

So, as you know, I've started playing basketball again. The first day I almost threw up and/or passed out. That was last week. This week I started to get my legs. And my shot is coming back. I usually get a few buckets a game. I think the key is that I'm on the younger half of the talent pool. Don't get me wrong, those old guys are good, but I've got way more game now than I did playing undergrads in IM.

Anyway, the regularity of something other than classes makes life a little more normal.

Oh, and I play with a retired English guy who got his degree at our alma mater. (Oh, and the O'Neill scholar who we thought for awhile didn't exist but was actually a stuffed bear - he was on this guy's dissertation committee.)

4 comments:

GHJ said...

I'm lost, but glad the Matrix has returned. Honed on the rusty steel of the farm hoops of rural Illinois, the Matrix took his game to Suck Valley and Augustana, where he forged it in the crucible of the Jorge Slammer.

TG said...

poetic & epic

Taryn said...

I have to say, I shouldn't be surprised that the stuffed bear actually did real stuff, but I am.

Also, I think your email made me enjoy The Informant! about 100% more. Not that it was bad, but still.

GHJ said...

Likewise on the email and its effects.