Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I got a fair amount of work done today.

I'm about to watch a documentary about the USFL.

I'm still reading the Dylan book, but I'm giving up on the Kennedy and the Ricks. No particular reason, just guess I need some variety.

The Penn State is a pretty nice place. My first D1 game was pretty good. Cold, snowy and wet, but PSU won and the seats were good. The PSU campus is much nicer than the UW campus, in my estimation. The buildings, at least those I was in, were . . . less ugly? Their library is clearly a win and their art museum as well. O.k. So, many of the buildings were closed, but they seemed nicer.

I ate better than I normally do. I drank some peppery margaritas. I got to see the G, which I do rarely these days, and you can't get enough of that!

6 comments:

Taryn said...

Peppery margaritas? And hanging out with Greg?

Good times.

I was jealous of all of you for being able to hang out, even in spite of the ridiculous weather. (We just had a crazy amount of rain - nothing too bad.)

GHJ said...

Wooo!

You're just overstating things because I read your blog, aren't you?

Anyway, woo. Thanks to you guys for coming down and hanging out.

Taryn said...

That's probably true, Greg. You know Tim - he's constantly overstating things.

GHJ said...

Well, yeah. When they're about Coetzee.

tg said...

Worst author ever. If he and Sylvia Plath had ever gotten together the study of the English laguage would have ceased to exist.n

Taryn said...

Actually, worse than Sylvia Plath would be Djuna Barnes. I recently learned that she only lived in England for a few years (during the writing of Nightwood), which pissed me off because it's just one more reason why I shouldn't have had to read that book for prelims.