Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Several years ago, I bought A Confederacy of Dunces. It isn't very good. Anyway. I've kept the book til now because it had an awesome dedication written in it. I've decided to ditch the book, but I cut out the title page. Here is the note written on it.

Murrell -
I hope you find this book as entertaining as I do. But then again, my humor is not that sophisticated anyway!

I have truly enjoyed your friendship over the past year, and I look forward to the challenge of keeping up with you in the future - You're a special young lady and easily my most favorite discovery at sunrise.

Yours Truly -
Patrick

Looks to me like Patrick didn't meet the challenge.

3 comments:

becca said...

Man. Wonder what the other discoveries at sunrise were.

GHJ said...

"She's packin', man!"

I agree - not that great.

Taryn said...

I really want to, but I can't imagine the guy who wrote that - but maybe because there are too many versions of him. Ironic. Not ironic. Etc.