Dear Father
having received no letters from any of the family for about three years i have come to the conclusion that you was all dead or thaut that it was not worth wile to write to me I hav writen three leters to you since I returned from Fraizer River in about eight months if this should chans to find you I should be glad to hear from you. as for my self I hav not taken the pains that it was my duty to du for which I am very sorry for I hav ben hunting for a fortune and expected it and return home but I hav given that up now and [unintelligible] down I should like to see you all but I think it is very doutful wether we will meat againe For in about a month intend to marry and make this plase my home Let me know what the Bois are a doing I want them to write to me. as for California it is a prity hard plase but beter than Illinois yet for me [unintelligible] hear it is sending after their familys if I have plenty of money I would like to live their but if a man has got to worke for a living this is the plaice for him
As I havent much faith I wont write much until I hear from you if you should reseive this no more at present. California - 1860
3 comments:
That is pretty amazing.
From your ancestor?
Yeah. Like my great, great, grandfather's brother.
Post a Comment