Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Monday, January 31, 2005

Okie Noodling.

So, the news of the week. Sammy Sosa is gone. The Cubs dropped him. That's pretty good. While I don't know where the offense is going to come from now, at least they don't have to put up with his pretty-boy antics. Punk.

I was listening to the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN radio today and he was talking about how people have visions of glamorous Super Bowl weeks. Dan Patrick said he got to Jacksonville, checked in, went to Hooters, had some wings, and was ready to go to bed at 8:30. He went to the hotel, turned on THE T.V., and on PBS . . . was Okie Noodling. Have you seen Okie Noodling? It's about guys in the South who catch catfish with their bare hands. You can buy it at Best Buy . . . I've seen it there. It's insane. It was some sort of revelation to Dan Patrick. He kept repeating, "Hands down, best thing on television for the last 10 years!" (I can only assume that he was excluding ESPN and most televised sports. Some caller called in and said he thought one of the Astro players had a "no-noodling clause" in his contract because they didn't want him to get hurt. They tried to call the Astros to find out if it was true or not, but I had to go into Woodmans. Then, at the end of the show, they decided if they made a movie of noodling, Billy Bob Thorton would have to be the noodler, and Ashley Judd would be the noodling wife. (Ugh. Who finds her attractive, I don't know. I've seen movies where she's mostly naked, and I still don't find her attractive.) Then they thought better of it, and thought that perhaps Angelina Jolie was a better choice. (No shit.) I wish Okie Noodling was on right now. But it's not. A rather interesting show about Castro is, but I've been Italianing and talking to my parents, so I've missed much of it.

Go to www.okienoodling.com. You can even watch of trailer of it. It's the shit. Oh, damn, you can even get noodling shirts. Maybe I need to change professions . . .

No comments: