I saw Hitch the other day. Not too bad, probably because it has a fat man (Kevin James), and fat guys are funny. If you don't believe me, I offer two examples: 1. Tommy Boy; 2. Black Sheep.
Fat Guy in a Little Coat.
I would say that Comedy Rule Number 1 is "Fat Guys are funny." One of my friends tried to tell me that it was, "Nazi's are funny - a la Mel Brooks," but I think that's lower down on the list.
Of course, the dialogue about love in Hitch was ridiculous and unoriginal, but everything else wasn't too bad. And, sometimes when Will Smith gives advice he reminds me of one of my friends.
Oh, and, as of today, I am ABD. Looking forward to that "raise" in the fall . . .
1 comment:
Congrats on the ABD status! (you bastard.)
And gee, I wonder who Hitch reminds you of. Awesome. I was thinking the same thing when I saw the previews.
Post a Comment