Sunburnt truckers. You see a lot of them at the "Travel Plazas" in Ohio and Indiana.
I was in Pittsburgh last week. Roads in Pittsburgh, or, in Penn. in general as far as I can tell, are really, really shitty. Intersections are all askew; there are never any stop signs that say, "ALL WAY." You just have to guess if everyone is going to stop, and then go for it (half of the traffic signs/lights are nailed to telephone poles). AND they make you pay for their piece-of-shit turnpike.
Went to the Pittsburgh Zoo. A pretty good zoo (though, I must tell you, if you're going to see the river dolphin, "Chuckles" died in 2002 at the venerable age of 32). I think the best thing I saw was two mountain gorillas fight. it was pretty cool. They kept charging each other. One of them, the dominant one by his fighting prowess, also splashed water up against the glass where obnoxious kids were pressed up. On the one hand, I thought, "Yeah, serves you right, obnoxious kids," but then, on the other hand, I knew that was just what the obnoxious kids wanted, and felt bad for myself and the gorilla for playing up to their expectations. Then I wished the gorilla would have ignored the little bastards.
It's finally not ridiculously hot here. I finally managed to take a hot shower. Good times, good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment