Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Monday, January 29, 2007

Saw _Thank You For Smoking_. Pretty good - even in spite of the Katie Holmes.

Also saw _The Aristocrats_. Also pretty good. Not quite maybe as funny as the box would lead you to believe, but funny. I like the mythical versions of the joke better than the real versions you hear. Especially the one where the guy said he once stretched it out to two hours and it included trained seals and zepplin races, etc., etc.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Hey, we finally watched The New World, which I remember you said was decent. I agree. I liked it, which I didn't expect to - mostly because I guess I was worried it would be like...well, like not a Terrence Malick film. But it was, and I actually enjoyed it. It's definitely the least depressing of his films....

And good, in spite of Colin Farrell.