does chevy's "this is our country" by the cougar mellencamp count as a jingle? or royksopp in the geico ad? or do you mean like "if you need a car or truck, pussy-cow (go see Cal)" type.
John Mellencamp doesn't count in this instance b/c that song predates its use in any ads. But if he wrote a song particularly for an ad (though I suppose you could argue all his songs are ads for something), then it would count.
I don't see how this is even a question. (Before I explain, I'm discounting pop songs that were written first, then sold for ads -- "jingle writer" implies songs written about the company, like Cal). If you're a host of a show, the viewer can see you acting like a tool. If you're a jingle singer, no one has any idea who you are. Sure, both are demeaning, but demeaning would have to imply a larger context than you and the recording engineer.
8 comments:
doesn't it depend on why jingle you are singing, that is what product you are selling?
does chevy's "this is our country" by the cougar mellencamp count as a jingle? or royksopp in the geico ad? or do you mean like "if you need a car or truck, pussy-cow (go see Cal)" type.
oh where are my southerncalifornians...
p.s. http://www.mydogspot.com/video.htm
go to the bottom "best of cal"!
p.p.s. i vote that the jingle singer is worse.
John Mellencamp doesn't count in this instance b/c that song predates its use in any ads. But if he wrote a song particularly for an ad (though I suppose you could argue all his songs are ads for something), then it would count.
I don't see how this is even a question. (Before I explain, I'm discounting pop songs that were written first, then sold for ads -- "jingle writer" implies songs written about the company, like Cal). If you're a host of a show, the viewer can see you acting like a tool. If you're a jingle singer, no one has any idea who you are. Sure, both are demeaning, but demeaning would have to imply a larger context than you and the recording engineer.
long live bob eubanks!
Oh, but who grows up wanting to be a jingle singer?
That's true, T. But I'm merely going on the question of demeaning . . . ness.
Post a Comment