I also saw National Treasure 2 last night. So, here goes in no real order.
_National Treasure 2_: Pretty good in that ridiculous way. The first one I think was better, but mainly because it was new the first time. 2 was largely recycled. Ah, movies where the president is an honorable man! Clearly fiction.
_Bee Movie_: Didn't really think it would be that good, but only paid 2 dollars to see it. Some mildly amusing bits. Also some very weird human/bee sexual tension.
_Live Free or Die Hard_: Bruce Willis! One of the last great action heroes. And he hasn't gone bat shit crazy or anything. Pretty good. Everything I expected from it. Car vs. Helicopter? Awesome!
_Knocked Up: Pretty funny. Not as good as _40 Year Old Virgin_, but good nonetheless. I really like Seth Rogan. Paul Rudd too. Too much arguing for me, but I liked the scenes with the stoner roommates. Pink eye! And the scenes where they go to Vegas. Or Atlantic City, whichever that was.
_3:10 to Yuma_: Good western. Not as good as the reviews led me to believe. I always like Christian Bale, and Russell Crowe didn't annoy me, so he must have been acting well! Overall, it had horrible pacing problems. Yuma is seriously like 5 minutes away and yet they really have to hurry to get there.
_Ocean's 13_: Funny, especially in that movie trifle sort of way.
_The Simpsons Movie_: Saw it twice. Just like a long episode of The Simpsons. Everything I thought it would be. Excellent!
_Ratatouille_: Best movie I saw last year.
_Superbad_: Has Van Halen in the soundtrack. Also has McLovin. Enough said. "McLovin, I'm sorry for blocking your cock." Also, a movie where Bill Hader is funny? Damn!
1 comment:
I just put National Treasure on our netflix queue.
Post a Comment