Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Burn After Reading, pretty good. Pretty funny. It gets the nofencesfacin seal of approval.

I'm at the CC cafeteria for office hours and I'm looking at a pallet of something outside marked, "Polished cove style misty 9-08." Maybe they will unpack it before I leave.

I just finished McCarthy's The Orchard Keeper. It was o.k. Pretty episodic. Not so much on the plot. An early effort. His earliest, in fact.

I think I'm going to reread the first Forgotten Realms trilogy. I dug them out of my closet when I went home to help my mother clean weekend before last. It all depends if I can bear the wretched prose, I suppose. But then I also need to find some time to reread Salem's Lot, which I read repeatedly in high school.

There was a Michelle Obama rally in town the other day. The middle-aged ladies could of toned it down a bit on the bus. I didn't really need to hear, through my headphones, how regal and beautiful and well dressed she was.

No comments: