You know, I just finished To Kill a Mockingbird. I'd seen parts of the movie, and I knew the plot with Tom Robinson, but I really didn't know anything else about it. Parts of it, in fact, were sort of shocking. Props to anyone who can write about attempted child murder and not have it come out as sensationalistic.
You know, it was one of those books you were supposed to read in high school, like Catcher in the Rye (which I have since read, eh) and Slaughterhouse 5 (which I have not). It is also one of those books that women tend to really like (like non-academic women who like all sorts of other books I'm not so interested in).
Man.
What a great fucking book.
3 comments:
Yeah, she only had one book in her, but that one book was amazing. (Are you listening John Grisham? Are you?)
One of my favorite articles from the Onion:
http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/i_would_say_to_kill_a
That's awesome. I wish I were teaching the book, just so I could give that to students.
Post a Comment