
On the way back from a Boston conference this weekend (I drank a lot), I stopped at Concord. Everyone who had been there told me I would be disappointed. I wasn't. I went to Walden Pond. It was small and clear. I went to Sleepy Hollow Cemetery and to Author's Ridge. It was quiet. I went to The Old Manse. It needs paint. I went to Emerson's House. It was square and closed. I didn't go to Thoreau's birth house. Concord is not big, but confusing to navigate. I'll see it next time.
3 comments:
How was the moss? Thanks for the call, by the way.
When I told Dan that you had called from Hawthorne's backyard, he gave me an extremely confused look and said, "Who's Hawthorne?"
The possibilities for a good story were endless, but alas, I wasted the opportunity.
So . . .
Post a Comment