Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Sunday, December 06, 2009

Fantastic Mr. Fox


K. and I went to see Fantastic Mr. Fox last night. It is one of the oddest things you will ever see. Having said that, it was pretty good. It had Anderson's particular quirky style and also his habitual underlying theme of sons and father figures.

It looked very cool. Lots of odd little knick-knacks and what-not everywhere. It was much better than The Darjeeling Limited. Maybe even The Life Aquatic, though I haven't seen that for years.

Notes on the trailers.

The trailers for the chipmunk sequel make me sad for the world.

The trailers for Avatar make me think that it will have a horribly derivative plot and dialogue so cliched a 12 year old could write better, but also will look totally awesome and have explosions, thus making it something you watch most of every time it's on TBS on a Saturday afternoon or a weekend night when you come home drunk from a party (you know, like Independence Day).

I've started Lucky Jim. Something tells me that title's going to be ironic.

2 comments:

GHJ said...

That's what you think.

Taryn said...

Oh man. I forgot about the trailers. The thing that Dan couldn't get over was the fact that after the chipmunk trailer, a bunch of dudes behind us were cracking up.

First: dudes at The Fantastic Mr. Fox? Interesting.

Second: Not drunk.

Third: Really? The Chipmunk movie?!

And you'll have to post about Lucky Jim. The second time I read it (since the first time I was only reading it to figure out what I'd put on my reading list) I thought it was hilarious. Some of the lines in there are hysterical.