Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Everytime I listen to "These Dreams of You," it is momentarily my favoritest song ever.

One of my students referred to Nick Carraway as "Nicholas." I have never heard anybody do this before. No one in the book does, do they?

Almost done with Lucky Jim. More thoughts later.

5 comments:

GHJ said...

"These Dreams of You" isn't on YouTube. Man, that's annoying.

Taryn said...

Nice. I'd never heard that song before.

I still feel that way about "Sweet Thing" when I hear it.

And I'm waiting for you to finish Lucky Jim so that I can post my favorite sentence from the novel. It cracks me up every time.

TG said...

Wait, you've had to heard "These Dreams of You," I got that cd from you!

Taryn said...

You'd be surprised how much of my music I haven't actually listened to.

Taryn said...

That's pretty hilarious, though.

And sad. Ah well. The good news is that now I can put that song on my ipod.