Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm not sure why Light in August is considered one of Faulkner's major novels. It's o.k., but it seems to have the same themes as his other works and formally it's not very exciting at all. O.k. but not great. But now I'll get all those Joe Christmas jokes you hear so often!

Also watched Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. It was o.k. Amusing in a mild sort of way. Not the sort of movie I'll really remember in a week. Or tomorrow. We had had it from netflix for like two months, so I guess it's good to get it off the t.v. stand.

From now on, crap! On to Stephen King.

2 comments:

Taryn said...

The only part of Nick and Nora that I remember: John Cho as Hype Man. And that's just because John Cho is always awesome.

GHJ said...

Even the title sounds much too twee for Tim Glenn.