Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Today, when I was wasting my life as I normally do, I flipped past American Pickers. It is a show on History about guys who buy junk and antique it (basically). I noticed that they were from a town near where I went to college. They never said what town they were in, but rather things like "Central Iowa" or "Northern Illinois." I thought, "Shit, I know people with a lot of junk. I'll leave this on, and maybe I'll see someone I know." It was a marathon. I left it on while I was reading. By the third episode, I recognized someone my father went to high school with.

I suppose this confirms some sort of stereotype about me being from bumfuck Illinois.

Ben Stiller on the Oscars was some painfully unfunny shit.

3 comments:

GHJ said...

I imagine a Jackass-like skit in which they throw bags of flour at old lamps.

GHJ said...

Kinda pissing me off that this post states that it has zero comments.

GHJ said...

Oh sure. Now it decides to work.