Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Monday, June 07, 2010

I've recently watched Porco Rosso and Sherlock Holmes. I enjoyed them both. Jude Law is often iffy, but he was pretty good in SH.

I started reading The Free-Lance Pallbearers. Reading first 3 of Reed's novels.

4 comments:

GHJ said...

You've read Mumbo Jumbo, right?

Taryn said...

Wow! New format! Also, I'll have to look in to Porco Rosso. I haven't seen that one yet.

TG said...

I like Porco Rosso because almost all the characters are adults. There is one 16 or 17 year old, but no children. Sort of odd for the genre. And it's set in post-WWI Italy.

I have not yet read Mumbo Jumbo. Rereading Yellow Back, then MJ, then going back to YB to see if there is anything to say about it.

GHJ said...

Right on - I dug MJ. I even wrote a paper on it.