Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Well, 2010 is over. That was a shit year. It deserves a good nard kick, but it's over and let's not speak of it again. Hopefully 2011 will be better, though it may get worse before then.

Let's try a post a week this year as a goal. I might be able to meet that. Some of them might even be interesting, though I'm obviously not making any promises.

This new layout borders on the girly, I think, but I'll leave it. Festive, anyways.

My new term starts today, though I don't have classes until tomorrow. I'm down to 3 courses, they are all the same I taught last term, with about 90% of the same texts. And I only have grading for 2 of them. Hopefully I'll have some time to research and write - I only wish I was sure that researching and writing had any practical value these days. So, upward and onward and autopilot!

2 comments:

GHJ said...

I like this resolution. Forward to 2011!

Taryn said...

This is definitely a fancy new look.

And I also like the resolution. I ought to post more, too. Or at all. Maybe if I just shoot for once a week I might be able to manage it.

Good luck with the classes. I'm off to lecture on Wordsworth this morning. No Tintern Abbey for me!