Last weekend I went to the battlefield at Gaines Mill and Cold Harbor. Both were really interesting. I'm really trying to hit nearly all of them in the area before we move. Not sure if I'll get up to Antietam. Traffic up there is horrible, but maybe I will over the summer.
We have many birds in our backyard. Pretty good.
I am nearly done grading. This is good. I have a really long list of other shit to get done. This is bad.
I'm going to ALA in May and it looks like my employer will pay for it. Anyone else going, by chance?
2 conferences papers, 1 invited talk, 2 articles published, 5 new courses taught this academic year. It would be awesome if this counted for something to someone.
I'm watching some basketball. I'm sure my brackets are shit.
I often wonder if having a better web presence would be helpful. Should I make a fancy website and put my c.v. up on it, etc.? Would jobs I apply to google me? Or is it a waste of time? Any thoughts?
This has been a random collection of shit, thank you.
2 comments:
It couldn't hurt, right? Especially since it probably matters to someone.
I'm with Greg. I doubt it would hurt, since you're not the type of person who would post one of those super obnoxious professional websites. (And I'm NOT talking about MJH, because his site is awesome. You know what I'm talking about - those personal academic websites that have "PRETENTIOUS" written all over them.)
And congrats on all the work - it really is impressive. I don't know what next year's ads will be like, but this was a particularly shit year for 20th century Americanists.
Post a Comment