Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Monday, April 04, 2011

I'm quite serious, this is sad.

I've decided, this is not the sad part, that if I ever get somewhere that isn't 4/4 or 3/4, or if K. gets a position somewhere, and they have a graduate history department, I'm going to start taking classes towards a history degree. It seems like fun to me.

You've been warned.

Yesterday, I'm out in the yard, puttering around. I see movement and then I find the smallest bunny I have ever seen. It is super, super still. I get K. We look at the bunny for 5 or 10 minutes - it is super still. I go inside, hoping the bunny will find a way to whereever it should be. I come back out - bunny gone.

Today, I'm at the office and I get a message from K: "The baby bunny is dead!"

Tonight, I scoop it up with a trowel, put it on the snow shovel, and fling it back of the house out by the power lines. It was laying on its side, legs-out stiff, little bunny eyes still open, about 3 feet from where we saw it yesterday. No marks or injuries on it. I think we scared a bunny to death yesterday.

4 comments:

becca said...

Ah! Can't handle this.

GHJ said...

Wasn't history long the plan?

This happened when Kim and I lived together. It was several baby bunnies, however.

Taryn said...

Man, I know what you mean. I was really tempted to switch over to history instead of finishing my dissertation.

At this point, though, now I want to start studying foreign languages. But only if I'm not working.

Re: bunny
I was really afraid that the story was going to take a turn toward Beckett.

wb said...

At one point, I considered dropping out of CS and trying to finish up in logic. In retrospect, this would have been a colossally stupid move.