Title

A place without gurus monarchs leaders cops tax collectors
jails matriarchs patriarchs and all the other galoots who in
cahoots have made the earth a pile of human bones under
the feet of wolves. - Jake the Barker

Friday, February 04, 2005

Dreaming of You.

So today I was going to sleep in so I set my alarm at 8:31. I woke up at 7:31, took a leak, and then thought, "Cool, I can sleep for another hour." Sometime in that sleeping, I had a dream that I was the sheriff of a futuristic town. Not really futuristic, but futuristic in the He-Man sense.

I remember wearing a red flannel shirt, a star-badge on my breast, and a straw cowboy hat. The dream started when I attempted to get into my car/horse. There is some confusion as to whether it was a car or a horse, even in the dream it was fuzzy. But it was the future, so I guess anything could have happened. Anyway, it was night, and when I got to my car/horse, there were two robots trying to steal it. These weren't real cool robots or anything, but were lame, 1950's sci-fi robots. They really looked like two water heaters with little spindly metallic legs and arms. They had a single eye that is where many access panels are near the top of water heaters. The eye itself was a camera like you would find at an ATM. I used my flashlight, which I had in my pocket, to blind them in their single beady robot eyes, and then I kicked their shiny metal robot asses.

Then I remember the town being overrun by groups of outlaws, all dressed in a similar Western flannel shirt/blue jeans/boots style. Some of them were lizard men, some of them were werewolves - in Western attire like the humans. (I'm not sure, but I think I was human in this dream). There were so many I laid (is this the right tense?) down on a park bench and pretended I was dead. I was careful to have my gun out though, but when I looked at it in the dream, it was really a stick of deoderant. I'm not sure where my gun was, but I'm sure I had one.

Then, after the bandits had left, stealing horses, money, food, etc. (think the Eli Wallach band in The Magnificent Seven), I and the townspeople had to form a posse and decide what to do. I remember my parent's closest friends meeting me in the street and telling me to give the outlaws hell or something of that nature.

Then I woke up. It was 8:58, and Rubber Soul had been playing for a half-hour. Shit.

How did I have this dream, you ask? Well, I think various components can be traced throughout the day/days previous. 1. We were talking about monsters at Bagel Hour. 2. I had briefly lost my deoderant . . . but I found it. 3. I think about cowboys alot. 4. I used to install water heaters (though not for years).

Who's underprepared to teach? I am, I am.

No comments: