My annual movie review is very lame this year. How many movies did I see that were released this year?
5. Yup. Only 5. I'm not even going to bother to rank them.
Watchmen.
Bad. Pretentious. Gave the comic book a good screwing. A few sequences looked appealing, but for the most part it was all style and no substance. Or all style and dumb, lame, shitty substance.
Sunshine Cleaning.
Saw this on DVD, mainly b/c K netflixed it. It was o.k. Way too much like Little Miss Sunshine. Alan Arkin played the exact same character. Too precious for my taste.
I Love You, Man.
Pretty good. Funny for the most part. Favorite sequences: The Rush songs. The variations on "bro" at the end. Tycho Brohe!
Up.
Probably the best this year that I saw. Sad, but good. Certainly not my favorite Pixar, but not bad. Let's face it, The Incredibles will probably always be the best Pixar.
Fantastic Mr. Fox.
I posted about this earlier. Enjoyable. Quirky. Way better than his last movie.
3 comments:
Watchmen: Watch me commit feces to celluloid!
Dan in Real Life: I watched it for the exact same reason. At least there were outtakes and somehow whatshisname wasn't a total douchebag! But Juliet Binoche? WTF? Did she owe someone a favor?
I think you'd enjoy Sherlock Holmes. Or the porno version, Surecock Holes.
(Sorry.)
Post a Comment